[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Hanson Hydraulics - Hydraulic Forum • View topic - skat trak

skat trak

Post all of your questions and comments about designing new systems or applications, or troubleshooting existing applications.

Moderator: Doug Hanson

Forum rules
No Flaming! Please maintain professionalism
No Log splitter questions !!!

skat trak

Postby blurry » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:13 pm

I read this post by Doug on another forum: On older skid steers, the two most common are Vickers TA1515 and TA1919 and Sundstrand 15 and 18 series...... Mini excavators don't usually have hydrostatic drive pumps, and the ones that I have worked on have always had multiple gear pumps.

My question is this.. I have a Skat Trak 1000hd, it has 1800 hours and It was stored off location and when I went to use it, the charge and implement pump and valve box was stolen. Why I don't know, but it was gone. I have had contact with Volvo's main office in NC and they only have limited information on this particular model. This is what they have told me; It has a vickers ta1919 for the main hydraulic unit and they "think" that the GPM is approx 15.

We discovered on our own, the pump we are trying to locate is a double pump with a 14 spline. We have a picture of this unit from the manual that Volvo gave us. It shows that the pump runs the bucket and the right and left controls. I also discovered it has a hydrostatic pump as well.

This machine is an older model I think a 89 or 90... is this unusual and why would they use one then and some of the more popular brands do not? Also, can you help us define what this mystery pump is so we can locate one.

Thanks
blurry

Re: skat trak

Postby Doug Hanson » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:09 pm

The pump arragement on your skid steer is quite common. It is uncommon on mini excavators to have hydrostatic drive.
From the bell housing back, you have the first piston pump which is a closed loop drive and drives one pair of wheels, then you have a second piston pump which is also a closed loop drive and drives the other pair of wheels, then you have either a single v10 or v20 vane pump used soley as a charge pump, or it may have a priority flow control which is used as a charge pump and auxillary pump (boom/bucket functions), or a tandem vane pump (one as a charge pump, one as an auxillary pump) or you may have a seperate auxillary vane pump driven off the engine.
I have never worked on a Scat Track.

Here is a parts diagram for a TA1919V20: http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/pdfs/xm2847s.pdf
Here is a parts diagram for a TA1919V10: http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/pdfs/xm2848s.pdf
Here is a parts diagram for a TA1515V10: http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/pdfs/xm2851s.pdf

Can you post the diagram of the pump you got from Volvo.
Doug Hanson
Predsident
Hanson Hydraulics Ltd.
Doug Hanson

Postby blurry » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:34 pm

I will do this first thing Saturday morning. Thank you, it has been very difficult to get any information. :D
blurry

Postby blurry » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:21 am

Here is the diagram of the charge and implement pump Volvo sent me. It has 14 splines and side inlet with two outlets. Opposite of the inlet it is an outlet the charges the transmission and a second outlet that runs the bucket.
Scan0001.jpg
Scan0001.jpg

Hope you can help

Thanks
Attachments
Scan0002.jpg
blurry

Postby Doug Hanson » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:22 pm

I don't think your pump has a priority flow divider on it, the drawing looks like a two section gear pump. I would look at using an Eaton gear pump, like the following link: http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/pd ... 001-E1.pdf they used to be Cessna. You know what flow you need, multiply that number in GPM by 231 to get to cubic inches, then divide that by your engine rpm and you should get cubic inches per revolution.
For the charge pumps section, usually it will be 1/4 the size of the main pumps. Your probably looking for around 4 or 5 gpm charge pump flow.
Look on the front mounting flange for a number stamped in it, if there is a number there, it might be helpful.
Doug Hanson
Predsident
Hanson Hydraulics Ltd.
Doug Hanson

Postby mchalmers » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:12 am

Doug. I have a little project to build a zero turn mower. I acquired a Vickers TA-1515 -555 hydrostatic pump similar to the one being discussed from my local salvage yard. Couple questions.

1. The vane pump is a AV10 so I’m assuming that it needs to used as the charge pump. I would like make the mower deck a hydraulic lift. Would type of piping configuration could I use for the unit. I don’t want to convert the pump over to AV20.
2. The name plate has the items below:
DGJ
TA1515-555
Tufftride

I know the tufftride is a coating that improves wear resistance. Did Vickers use this costing in their hydrostatic pump ?

Mike

I'm have a little trouble posting a picture. I'll email it to your website
mchalmers

Postby Doug Hanson » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:28 am

Have a look right on the back of the back cover on the V10 pump. There should be a part number stamped there. What is that number?

I'm sure you can use that pump for the deck lift. How may ports are in the v10 pump? There should be 1 big suction and two ports in the back cover? If that''s the case, one feeds the charge pump circuit of your drive pumps, the other is your auxillary hydraulics port.

I know nothing about tufftride.
TA1515_555.jpg
Doug Hanson
Predsident
Hanson Hydraulics Ltd.
Doug Hanson

Return to System Design and Troubleshooting