[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Hanson Hydraulics - Hydraulic Forum • View topic - driving manure spreader with hydraulics

driving manure spreader with hydraulics

Post all of your questions and comments about designing new systems or applications, or troubleshooting existing applications.

Moderator: Doug Hanson

Forum rules
No Flaming! Please maintain professionalism
No Log splitter questions !!!

driving manure spreader with hydraulics

Postby chris » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:29 pm

I would Like to drive a manure spreader apron chain using a hydraulic motor. It would be driven off of the pump on a 2355 John deere tractor.

I am new to this and would Like to know what information I should get, so I can go ahead with this project.

Thanks Chris
chris

Re: driving manure spreader with hydraulics

Postby Doug Hanson » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Because you already have a pump in mind to use, you need to work backwards from that. You need to know what flow and pressure is available off the tractor. Then you need to know what speed and torque is required to drive the spreader, then you can size your motor and chain/sprocket arrangement if required.
Doug Hanson
Predsident
Hanson Hydraulics Ltd.
Doug Hanson

Postby chris » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:00 am

The pressure is going to be 3000 psi. The pump flow rate is a number I'm having trouble finding, I'll search some more for that. Torque, is the thing I worry the most about, the final drive of the spreader is a worm gear and crown. I will be able to determine the rotation speed for the worm, but figuring the actual torque the final drive requires, is tougher for me to figure. I'll get back to you. Chris
chris

Postby chris » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:18 am

The shaft input rpm's of the worm drive will be, 460 on High and 110 on slow. The worm turns once the 50 tooth spur will move one tooth. I figure the apron shaft will turn 9 to 10 rpm at high. While at slow speed it will turn 2 to 3 rpm's. I'm assuming the pump can deliver enough flow for one hydraulic motor. The piston pump size is 40 cubic meters, It rums directly of of the crank at about 2000 to 2500 rpm.

Is there a motor I could mount directly on the apron chain shaft that would run at the speeds I explained above. Or would I still need a worm reduction gear box. I thought If i plumbed in a flow control valve, I could control the speed of the motor.

Am I chasing an impossible Idea?
chris

Postby Doug Hanson » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:45 pm

Doug Hanson
Predsident
Hanson Hydraulics Ltd.
Doug Hanson

Return to System Design and Troubleshooting