[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Hanson Hydraulics - Hydraulic Forum • View topic - T series Charlynn with Brake

T series Charlynn with Brake

Post all of your questions and comments about designing new systems or applications, or troubleshooting existing applications.

Moderator: Doug Hanson

Forum rules
No Flaming! Please maintain professionalism
No Log splitter questions !!!

T series Charlynn with Brake

Postby Doug Hanson » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 am

I need a small LSHT motor with integral brake to run a vertical carriage. T series Charlynn with integral brake looks good, but I was wondering if anyone has feedback on this unit. The part that I'm not overly happy with is the pilot oil for the brake release is common to the motors case drain cavity (drain line is not hooked up).
In trying to lower a positive load I'm wondering if the motor would start chattering down. The pressure would rise, the brake would release, the load would over run oil supply, pressure drop, brake re-apply, etc...
Worry #2 - if the brake is piloted from the common case cavity, could a lack of back pressure on the low pressure return side drain away the pilot for the brake. The catalog seems only concerned with too much back pressure keeping the brake in a state of release. There is a port to hydraulicly release the brake so this port is common with the case drain cavity, but the literature suggests brake functioning is integral.
I would much rather have a counterbalnce with shuttle to pilot the brake off, but I think with this motor, in neutral, the back pressure from the counter balance (trapped pressure)leaking to the case drain cavity would keep the brake in a state of release. In other words the load would pilot the brake off.

http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/pd ... pool_B.pdf

This would be my interpretation of how it functions. Orifices are not actually orifices, just there to indicate internal leakage paths.
T_Brake.gif
T_Brake.gif (7.87 KiB) Viewed 5109 times

This would be the way I would prefer to do it, but I realize there is no way to isolate the case from the brake port on the T series as I've drawn it.
I think it would still work with the shuttle feeding the brake port (which is also connected to the case drain cavity, not drawn that way though)and in neutral with A&B to T the brake port should still be able to drain back through the shutle. It might even be better that way, as the CB valve should start holding the load before the friction disks grab. Anybody done this with the brake equiped T series?

t_BrakeCB.gif
t_BrakeCB.gif (7.73 KiB) Viewed 5109 times
Doug Hanson
Predsident
Hanson Hydraulics Ltd.
Doug Hanson

Re: T series Charlynn with Brake

Postby Doug Hanson » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm thinking of going this route, CB valve, shuttle and reducing relieving valve.
t_BrakeCBRed.gif
t_BrakeCBRed.gif (10.1 KiB) Viewed 5106 times
Doug Hanson
Predsident
Hanson Hydraulics Ltd.
Doug Hanson

Postby allprohydr » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:09 pm

I would like to know where you folks got the software to draw the diagrams from?
allprohydr

Postby Doug Hanson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Drawn with Autocad. I've tried other simulation software, but always give up on them, Autocad is intimidating to some, but I like because I build my library as I go.
Once I draw it in Autocad, I plot it as an Acrobat file, which I then save as a JPG and can then post as a picture.
Doug Hanson
Predsident
Hanson Hydraulics Ltd.
Doug Hanson

Return to System Design and Troubleshooting