Daewoo Solar lc 400

Post all of your questions and comments about designing new systems or applications, or troubleshooting existing applications.

Moderator: Doug Hanson

Forum rules
No Flaming! Please maintain professionalism
No Log splitter questions !!!

Daewoo Solar lc 400

Postby David » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello Doug,
I found your reply to a guy in Australia with a Daewoo 220 on another forum and it sounds a bit similar to my problem.
(I think the forum was a couple of years ago)
My machine is a 1997 Daewoo Solar 400 lc - III
My problemis this,
* Engine loses revs to a point of stall if controls are not featherd.
* Fuel system has been completly overhauled, cleaned and checked. (It is not a fuel problem, engine is good)
* Problem exists on all hydraulic circuts exept the swing circut. ( I can put the bucket or boom against the side of pit or mound and give full stick either way and hydraulics stall or bypass with no drop in engine revs.)
* Extend the boom all the way out and try to lift, it won't do it without feathering controls.
* I also can not seem to get any difference in performance by changing the settings on the control panel ( Screen in cabin)
* I have just recently become a partner with the owner of the machine and he thinks the problem has been with it all along and has learnt to live with it.
* He bought the machine in 2002 and has used it verry little since then (aprox 700 hours)
* Total hours on machine 7,900
I am in a remote part of central Australia, have an enquiring mind and would like to fix this.
Am I right in thinking the pumps are electronicly controled, and could the problem lie there?
Yours faithfully,
David S
David

Re: Daewoo Solar lc 400

Postby Doug Hanson » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:52 am

David wrote:Hello Doug,
I found your reply to a guy in Australia with a Daewoo 220 on another forum and it sounds a bit similar to my problem.
(I think the forum was a couple of years ago)
My machine is a 1997 Daewoo Solar 400 lc - III
My problemis this,
* Engine loses revs to a point of stall if controls are not featherd.
* Fuel system has been completly overhauled, cleaned and checked. (It is not a fuel problem, engine is good)

Ho do you know this for sure. Check boost pressure at the point just before the engine starts pulling down, if your below spec you have an engine problem, if you have good boost pressure, it is then confirmed as a hydraulic problem.
* Problem exists on all hydraulic circuts exept the swing circut. ( I can put the bucket or boom against the side of pit or mound and give full stick either way and hydraulics stall or bypass with no drop in engine revs.)
The swing circuit only gets oil from one pump, just as the bucket gets it's oil from the other pump, on some machines there is a pilot line from the swing circuit to the pump controler of the pump that supplies oil to the swing circuit, the purpose of this line is to reduce max flow to the swing circuit. Try stalling out just the bucket.. You can also pin the tracks and try to stall one at a time. The other functions, boom and stick are 'two pump functions'. If you can determine which pump is pulling the engine down, this will make it easier to fix.
* Extend the boom all the way out and try to lift, it won't do it without feathering controls.
* I also can not seem to get any difference in performance by changing the settings on the control panel ( Screen in cabin)
* I have just recently become a partner with the owner of the machine and he thinks the problem has been with it all along and has learnt to live with it.
* He bought the machine in 2002 and has used it verry little since then (aprox 700 hours)
* Total hours on machine 7,900
I am in a remote part of central Australia, have an enquiring mind and would like to fix this.
Am I right in thinking the pumps are electronicly controled, and could the problem lie there?

Yes, I would need some more information on the machine, but more than likely there is one or two solenoids on the pump that will control displacement depending on work mode selected and engine speed to function as an ant-stall device. If it is a kawasaki K3V pump there will probably just be one solenoid valve on the pump. Check the fuses that supply the ECM with power, also check on the ECM's if there are indicator lights, you can sometimes get error codes off of them.
Yours faithfully,
David S
Doug Hanson
Predsident
Hanson Hydraulics Ltd.
http://www.hansonhydraulics.com
Doug Hanson

Re: Daewoo Solar lc 400

Postby David » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:24 am

Thank you Doug, I shall take on board your tips and let you know how I go.
Cheers
David S
David

Return to System Design and Troubleshooting